15-18 March, 2016, ODU Ireland Tour
Celebrating the Irish Future: Music That Ushers In New Eras
This unique chamber program will feature composers whose works have helped to launch new stylistic periods in the annals of music history.
Selections for this occasion will include Beethoven’s Irish Songs, Mahler’s Songs of a Wayfarer, and world/ Ireland premieres by Adolphus Hailstork, Andrey Kasparov, and Philip Wharton.
- Sonata for alto trombone and piano (2016) Premiere. Philip Wharton (b.1969)
- Suite for Solo Violin Premiere. Adolphus Hailstork (b.1941)
- Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen. Gustav Mahler (1860-1911)
- Sonata in F Major for Violin and Piano (1820). Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Cadenza for LvB (2010-2011) Premiere. Andrey Kasparov (b.1966)
- Irish Folk Songs WoO 152. Ludwig van Beethoven
15 March, 2:00PM, Dundalk Institute of Technology
16 March, 12:15PM, Christ Church Cathedral (Dublin)
18 March, 12:15PM, Mary Immaculate College Chapel (Limerick)
The faculty of the Old Dominion University Music Department are leaders in their fields of study. Several faculty members serve as principal musicians with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra and the Virginia Opera, and are established educator-performers in local and world markets.
Please watch this space for more information. Call 757-683-4061 for details.
© Old Dominion University